Wednesday, May 21, 2014

May Kit Journal Page with Gelli Plate prints and Stencil Girl:)

Hello again!! 

I'm loving our May kit so here I am up again with my next project...a spread in my 
Gratitude Journal.

I'm so grateful for good friends...friends that know all your flaws and love you just the same:)





For this project, I used 

Oil Pastels
Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Paint (beach hut) 
Stampendous, n*Studio Stamp Set 
Stencil Girl typewriter stencil 
Scarlet Lime pen 
Uni-ball Signo pen (white)
Pitt multi-liner pen (black, XS)
Gelli plate prints (from previous May project)
Super heavy gesso


So, I started by adding blocks of color with the oil pastels.


Next, I brushed on (with a foam brush) the Fresco Finish Paint
It's transparency allows the beautiful color beneath to come through.


I loved using the Fresco paints with my Gelli plate, so I made plenty of prints during my previous card and envelope project this month.  You can see how I created these here.

I tore them into pieces and applied them to the pages with matte medium.


Next, I used super heavy gesso to stencil this cute Stencil Girl typewriter. 


I added bits and pieces of detail with the my three favorite pens...
Uni-ball Signo (white) , Scarlet Lime, and Pitt multi-liner (XS)


It's all in the detail:)

(except for the pencil lines I forgot to erase!)


I used a Brilliance ink pad in moonlight white to apply the "chain link" stamp



Hope you feel inspired to journal with our great May Kit!!

As always,
It's a joy to share with you!

Sue




No comments:

Post a Comment