Tuesday, October 8, 2013

October Guest Designer, Sanna Lippert

Hello and Happy Tuesday!  We are very excited today as we announce one of our Guest Designers for October, Sanna Lippert!

Thank you Sanna for sharing your amazing talent and creativity with us!  Before we get to her first project (which you will love), let's get to know her a little better!


Hi everyone. My name is Sanna and I´m originally from Finland, but Austria has been my home due to my half Austrian half Greek husband for more than 15 years now. We have two boys who guarantee for a busy family life. My day job for a medical publisher, hobbies, our family life and many other interests keep me/us busy. I have been involved with arts and crafts & music (partly thanks to my crafty mom) since I was a little child. I´ve tried several things, but paper crafting has always been my strongest passion. As a child I loved to draw for hours and hours and my older son seems to take after his mother. I can not imagine my life without crafting. I love to create, try out new things, experiment and share my projects and ideas. I was very honored and thrilled when Tina asked me to do a GDT spot for the Frog Dog Studio. Thanks for having me here!!!

Let's get to Sanna's first project!  (of MANY)


First I applied gesso and some struckture paste over the canvas and let it dry just a little.

After that I dabbed a reasonable big amount of the "Screaming Banshee Black" Magicals powder that i had mixed with water over the slightly damp surface and then mixed the two layers together with a paint brush and let everything dry out properly. This way I got a light grey tone for my background.




Next I took a piece of watercolor paper and outlined the skull stencil with a pencil on the paper. 
After that I mixed all "Magicals" colours with some water in a plastic painting palette. I varied the amount of powder depending on how dark of light a tone I needed. Then I just painted the skull light grey, let it dry and as it was all dry, I started adding more color to the areas I had outlined with a pencil earlier. 

After that I sprayed a piece of white paper with the orange and purple "Starburst" spray ink and stamped some leaves on it with black waterproof ink. 
I fussy cut the leaves and later used them around the skull for decoration.

After the canvas background had dried up completely, I stamped with black ink and the scallop border around it for more detail. 
Next I made some journaling labels for my canvas and used the "Magicals" colours for coloring the background and after that just wrote the words down using a black Sharpie.



The skull eyes are made out of the stamp sheet and from the book page sheet that were on the kit. I colored them in and/or added some "Magicals" on them with a paint brush and let the color dry properly. The "unlucky number" 13 rub-on matches the theme perfectly, so that is why I added it to decorate one of the eyes. The other one is a piece of a playing card punched out with a circle punch and colored in with "Magicals".



Now all I needed to do was glue everything on their places, add some decorative details with a black and a white Sharpie and with a stamp that was in the kit and my canvas was all done.  





WOW - this is amazing! That is such a wonderful and creative project!  Thank you Sanna! Be sure and stop back later in the month for another project (or two or three or four) from Sanna.  We can't wait!  Please stop by Sanna's Blog and say hi! 


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment